Workshop 5: Social impacts of woody biomass
SAVE THE DATE
20 January 2021, 15.00 -18.00 CET
Registration for the series of online workshops devoted to exploring REDII implementation and delivering good woody biomass is now open. Visit the SBP website at https://sbp-cert.org/news/events-and-training-sessions/workshop-series-2020-21/ to register and secure your spot – spaces are limited.
Speakers for Workshop 5 to be confirmed.
About the Workshop Series – Beyond REDII Biomass-Workshop-Series-2020-21-FINAL
The impending implementation of REDII by Member States and the recently launched review of REDII raises the profile of woody of biomass in achieving climate goals and how sustainability of biomass should be defined and applied in practice.
In parallel to the policy discussion and its evolution, biomass producers and forest owners strive to deliver legal and sustainable biomass (‘good biomass’) to EU Member States.
This series of online workshops will reach key stakeholders and contribute to the dialogue on how sustainable biomass is defined, what REDII implementation looks like in practice and how to ensure good biomass is supplied and used in a way that contributes to climate goals.
Participation in the workshops is free of charge.
The events will be facilitated by Dirk Hulverscheidt using workshop platform tools, such as Howspace, to enable interaction between presenters and participants.
Full workshops series
- Online workshop 1: Ongoing developments in EU Member States and the role of REDII 5 October 2020, 15.00 -18.00 CEST
- Online workshop 2: Biomass supply from in- and outside the EU 19 October 2020 15.00-18.00 (CEST)
- Online workshop 3: How to ensure that using biomass maintains and protects biodiversity 9 November 2020 15.00-18.00 (CET)
- Online workshop 4: Carbon, forests and climate impacts of woody biomass 30 November 2020 15.00-18.00 CET.
- Online workshop 5: Social impacts of woody biomass 20 January 2021 15.00-18.00 CET.