Bioenergy in Tomorrow’s Energy System: Decentralised Solutions for a Climate Neutral Economy
Bioenergy Europe is pleased to invite you to the unveiling of the Deloitte Report Towards an Integrated Energy System: Assessing Bioenergy’s Socio-Economic and Environmental Impact on 24 January 2022, 14:30-16:00 CET.
The report reviews the current and future role of bioenergy in the EU energy system, from the perspective of employment and economic growth in Europe, as well as the economic and societal benefits of the increasing use of bioenergy within the transition towards a circular economy.
The presentation of the report will be followed by a panel discussion with the industry and policy makers to debate the opportunities of the energy transition from the perspective of the bioenergy value-chain and discuss current and future legislative framework to deliver on EU climate and energy targets, and the role of bioenergy in this transition.
- MEP Nils Torvalds, Rapporteur for the Renewable Energy Directive in the Environment Committee, European Parliament
- Catharina Sikow-Magny, Director of Green Transition and Energy System Integration, DG ENER, European Commission
- Kamila Waciega, Director of Energy & Public Affairs, Veolia
- Julien Blondeau, Professor, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Enrique Doheijo, Director of Energy Department, Deloitte
Moderation by David Rose, Director of LACS Training