Disruptive bioenergy technologies: delivering decarbonisation of industrial processes
EU Industry Week 2022 – Webinar organized by Bioenergy Europe – 22 February 2022 | 11:00 – 12:30
Bioenergy plays a key role in decarbonisation and straddles multiple industrial ecosystems. Innovative bioenergy use, coupled with digitalisation, facilitates the decarbonisation of a wide range of industrial sectors including steel, pulp and paper, cement, and beverages highlighting the mutually reinforcing nature of the twin transitions.
During the event, participants will discover the innovations taking place within the bioenergy industry. Case studies of innovative bioenergy technologies will showcase the intertwined nature of the digital and green transitions and highlight how digital innovation in the bioenergy sector is key to achieving decarbonisation of the energy-intensive industry ecosystem.
The event will summarise the experiences in different industrial sectors across the EU in utilising digitalisation for decarbonisation and will bring together speakers from the industry, academia, and national authorities.
- Marina García Alonso, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG Climate Action
- Jaap Koppejan, Managing Director, ProBiomass BV
- Philip Nuyken, Head of Energy and Climate Policy, German Lime Industry Association – BVK
- Christiane Egger, Deputy Managing Director, OÖ Energiesparverband
- Shalini Graham, Lead R&D Chemical Engineer, Perpetual Next
- Tuomas Petänen, Senior Manager, Energy Segment, Industrial Internet, Valmet
The webinar is supported by IEA Bioenergy – Jaap Koppejan will give a keynote presentation about the intertask project ‘Decarbonising industrial process heat through biomass’