Sustainable bioenergy: a circular approach to EU strategic autonomy and the green transition
This event is organized by Bioenergy Europe as part of the EU Industry Week 2021, with IEA Bioenergy as one of the co-organisers. It will spearhead the discussion on the use of sustainable bioenergy in supporting industry in reaching the EU climate targets.
The EU Green Deal Initiative has set ambitious targets for industry, working towards ensuring Europe’s industry is climate-neutral by 2050.
Sustainable bioenergy is set to play an important role in the green transition, both improving circularity and reducing fossil fuel dependency. Based on IEA estimations, industry is the sector where the growth of biomass consumption is most dynamic.
Welcoming industry and policy experts, this panel discussion will highlight the role of sustainable biomass to support industry in achieving decarbonization, increasing circularity and ensuring resource efficiency.
- Anna-Liisa Myllynen, Head of Sustainability, Stora Enso Wood Products
- Carita Ollikainen, Head of Corporate Relations, Valmet Corporation
- Carmen Bartolomé Rubio, Director of Technologies for Bioeconomy Group, CIRCE – Research Centre for Energy Resources and Consumption
- Luc Pelkmans, Technical Coordinator – IEA Bioenergy Technology Collaboration Programme
- Mihkel Jugaste, Head of Quality and Certification Schemes, Graanul Invest
- Michal Dlugosz, Policy Officer, Bioenergy Europe (Moderation)
EU Industry Week 2021 is a subsidiary of EU Industry Days: Europe’s flagship annual event on the industry.
It provides a platform to discuss industrial challenges, opportunities and helps to ensure that policies at a European, national and local level work together to enable European industry to deliver jobs, growth and innovation in Europe.