Workshop Series – Beyond REDII Biomass
This workshop series is organised by the Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP – https://sbp-cert.org/), the European Technology and Innovation Platform Bioenergy (ETIP Bioenergy – https://www.etipbioenergy.eu/) and IEA Bioenergy.
The impending implementation of REDII by Member States and the recently launched review of REDII raises the profile of woody biomass in achieving climate goals as well as how sustainability of biomass should be defined and applied in practice. In parallel with the policy discussion and its evolution, biomass producers and forest owners strive to deliver legal and sustainable biomass (‘good biomass’) to EU Member States.
This series of online workshops is aimed at key stakeholders and contributes to the dialogue on how sustainable biomass is defined, what REDII implementation looks like in practice and how to ensure good biomass is supplied and used in a way that contributes to climate goals.
The full workshops series – https://sbp-cert.org/news/events-and-training-sessions/workshop-series-2020-21/ – is as follows:
- Online workshop 1: Ongoing developments in EU Member States and the role of REDII 5 October 2020
- Online workshop 2: Biomass supply from in- and outside the EU 19 October 2020
- Online workshop 3: How to ensure that using biomass maintains and protects biodiversity 9 November 2020
- Online workshop 4: Carbon, forests and climate impacts of woody biomass 30 November 2020 from 15.00-18.00 CET.
- Online workshop 5: Social impacts of woody biomass 20 January 2021 from 15.00-18.00 CET.
The recordings of the workshops can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6P0usL9uGAQiq5CRQEV6w